We hope you will join us in our mission of caring for those most in need. Not only will our children, families and team members benefit from your volunteer service, but we believe you will as well.
Apply To Become A Volunteer
After receiving your application, the Volunteer Services team will coordinate a phone call and in-person interview with each applicant. The Volunteer Coordinator will discuss your special skills, talents and interests to help coordinate an assignment that fits your needs, and meets the needs of Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital.
The Volunteer Department primarily communicates by email through firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may also reach the Department at (225) 765-5016 with additional questions or concerns about the application process.
What to Expect
When you apply for a volunteer position, you will:
- Create a brief online profile in our volunteer system where you will let us know the volunteer opportunities you are interested in and the times you have available.
- Receive confirmation of receipt of your application. Should we be able to match your request, we will contact you via phone for an interview and schedule a health assessment.
- Be asked to provide proof of or complete the following tests*:
- Two Tuberculosis (Tb) tests
- Drug screen
- Flu shot (or proof of updated flu shot during Flu season)
*We will provide and pay for these tests for full-time volunteers. Proof must be presented in person to Our Lady of the Lake Employee Health.
- Provide proof of MMR vaccination or immunity to Measles, Mumps and Rubella from your primary health care provider.
- Provide proof of Tdap vaccination for Tetanus, Diphtheria and Pertussis from your primary health care provider.
You may download a form your primary care physician can fill out on the main page of your volunteer profile. Bring completed form with you as required by Our Lady of the Lake Employee Health Department.
- Pass a mandatory criminal background check. With your permission, we will conduct this screening with assistance from an accredited background screening company
- Attend a one-hour orientation once cleared to volunteer, within one month of successfully completing screening. You will receive a security badge at this orientation.
- Purchase a volunteer shirt here to be worn as a uniform. You will receive this shirt at your orientation.
Again, thank you for your interest in serving as a part of our healthcare ministry. Our children, families and team members benefit from your volunteer service and we hope your heart receives as much, if not more love, in return.